NATIONAL RASPBERRY CREAM PIE DAY
National Raspberry Cream Pie Day is observed annually on August 1st. This day is in theme with other raspberry holidays in this same time period. Raspberries are most plentiful this time of year.
Raspberries are the edible fruit of a multitude of plant species in the genusRubus of the rose family. The name also applies to the plants themselves.
- Raspberries are woody stemmed perennials.
- Raspberries are widely grown in all temperate regions of the World.
- Raspberries are a very important commercial fruit crop.
- At one time, raspberries were a midsummer crop, however with new technology, cultivars and transportation,
they can now be obtained year-round.
- An individual raspberry weighs 0.11 – 0.18 oz.
- An individual raspberry is made up of about 100 drupelets.
- One raspberry bush can yield several hundred berries a year.
- A raspberry has a hollow core once it is removed from the receptacle.
- Raspberries are a rich source of vitamin C, manganese and dietary fiber.
- Raspberries contain vitamin B1, vitamin B3, folic acid, magnesium, copper and iron.
To celebrate National Raspberry Cream Pie Day, enjoy these “tried and true” Raspberry Cream Pie recipes.
Post on social media using #RaspberryCreamPieDay and encourage others to join in.
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National Raspberry Cream Pie Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.