NATIONAL BUBBLE BATH DAY
On a cold winters day, relaxing in a nice warm/hot bubble bath sounds like the perfect way to celebrate National Bubble Bath Day, which is celebrated annually on January 8th.
The bubbles on top of the water (also known as foam bath or foaming bath) actually insulate the bath water, keeping it warmer for a longer period of time.
- Children find bubble baths fun and enjoy playing with the bubbles which entices them to take their baths.
- Some “bubble bath”, “bath foam” or “foaming bath” serves a dual purpose and can also be used as to wash skin or hair.
- Bath foam preparations may be in the form of liquid, gel, or as solids in the form of powders, grains, or tablets.
According to the AC Nielsen Data, Mr. Bubble is the #1 brand of bath products in the United States and in 2011 it celebrated its 50th birthday. Mr. Bubble is a brand of bath product made by The Village Company.
The brand’s slogan is “Makes Getting Clean Almost as Much Fun as Getting Dirty!”
Mr. Bubble was founded by Mr. Harold Schafer and the Gold Seal Company in 1961 in North Dakota, USA. The Gold Seal company manufactured and distributed Mr. Bubble until 1986 when the company was sold. Mr. Bubble bubble bath products have been reformulated to be “tear-free”, “dermatologist tested”, “hypo-allergenic” and “pediatrician tested”. Mr Bubble TV show appearances:
- Family Guy
- The Simpsons
- 1983 Eddie Murphy Delirious
- 1987 Gold Through the Fire
- 1996 Ed (starring Matt LeBlanc)
- Everybody Loves Raymond (Season 3)
NATIONAL BUBBLE BATH DAY HISTORY
Our research was unable to find the creator of National Bubble Bath Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.