NATIONAL TEQUILA DAY
The annual celebration of National Tequila Day is on July 24th.
- Tequila is a distilled beverage which is made from the blue agave plant.
- Made primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, 40 miles Northwest of Guadalajara and in the highlands (Los Altos) of the western Mexican state of Jalisco.
- More than 300 million blue agave plants are harvested in that surrounding region each year.
- Agave tequila grows differently depending on the region.
- Blue Agave – grown in the highlands region – larger in size and sweeter in aroma and taste.
- Agave – grown in the lowland region – have more herbaceous fragrance and flavor.
- Mexican law states that tequila can be produced only in the state of Jaliscoand limited regions in the states of Guanajuato, Michoacan, Nayarit andTamaulipas.
- Mexico is granted international right to the word “tequila”.
- Bulk amounts can be shipped to be bottled in the United States.
- Tequila is normally made at 38-40 % alcohol content but can be produced between 31-55 % alcohol content.
- Don Cenobio Sauza, founder of Sauza Tequila and Municipal President of the Village of Tequila from 1884-1885, was the first to export tequila to the United States.
- The Consejo Regulador del Tequila (Tequila Regulatory Council) in 2008, reported 901 registered brands of tequila from 128 different producers.
Enjoy National Tequila day with some friends (Remember to always drink responsibly and to never drink and drive). Post on social media using #NationalTequilaDay.
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator and the origin of National Tequila Day, an “unofficial” national holiday.
NATIONAL COUSINS DAY
National Cousins Day is celebrated each year on July 24. This is a day to let all of your cousins, those both near and far, know how much you appreciate them.
Cousins often spend much time together at family reunions, holidays, birthday parties, weddings, anniversaries and many other countless family get together’s. They entertain each other, play and bond while adults are busy with other things. It does happen that cousins grow up together being the best of friends.
Call your cousins, send a card, send an email, text them, somehow find a way to let them know that you are thinking about them and that they are special to you! Post on social media using #NationalCousinsDay and encourage to do the same.
We were unable to locate the creator and the origin of National Cousins Day, an “unofficial” national day.
NATIONAL THERMAL ENGINEER DAY
National Thermal Engineer Day is held annually on July 24 as decreed by the Registrar at National Day Calendar in July, 2014.
Advanced Thermal Solutions, Inc. (ATS) firmly believes in the importance of advancing the thermal engineering industry, and is committed to providing the electronics industry with innovative, high-quality and cost-effective thermal management and electronics packaging solutions. More information about ATS can be found at http://www.qats.com.
Electronics thermal management is pivotal for their longevity and reliable operations; yet thermal engineers who make this possible receive little to no recognition. Irrespective of the market sector, whether consumer electronics, large datacenters, or cutting-edge biomedical and aerospace electronics, without thermal engineer’s contributions, the electronics that are integral part of today’s life and the cornerstone of our nation’s technological advancement would not be possible.
As a result, with the passion to understand and work with heat management, it seems fitting to have July 24th, which is recognized as one of the hottest day of the year, as Thermal Engineer Day.
Post on social media using #ThermalEngineerDay to encourage others to join in paying it forward.
National Thermal Engineer Day was submitted by Advanced Thermal Solutions, Inc., in July, 2014. The Registrar at National Day Calendar declared National Thermal Engineer Day to be observed annually on July 24.
NATIONAL DRIVE-THRU DAY
National Drive-Thru Day is observed annually on July 24th. The drive-thru is the iconic measure of convenience. People has enjoyed this convenience since the 1930’s.
Did you know:
- There are more than 211,000 fast food restaurants in the United States?
- The drive-thru format was pioneered in the United States in the 1930′s.
- Hamburgers sold for just 18 cents at some of the first drive-thru restaurants.
- Today it is not just restaurants that have drive-thru’s, there are banks, pharmacy’s, liquor stores, post offices, coffee shops, dry cleaners and even wedding chapels.
Enjoy National Drive-Thru Day in all the drive-thru’s that you utilize! Post on social media using #NationalDriveThruDay to encourage others to join in.
America’s first drive-thru burger chain, Jack in the Box, created National Drive-Thru Day, an “unofficial” national holiday, to celebrate America’s love of convenience by vehicle.